"Aircraft Damage" (AKA Kick A Cat) is a song by Arf & Omega with The Singing Lawn Chairs, produced by Residents, Uninc. for inclusion in the Vileness Fats film project and released on the Santa Dog EP in 1972.
In Vileness Fats, it is a chant invoking Weescoosa, the mystical Indian princess, to appear and rescue the town of Vileness Flats from an attack by the Bell Boys. It was performed live during The Residents' first official live performance in 1976.
For the group and song's 20th anniversary the song was mixed with Picnic In The Jungle to produce Kick A Picnic.
In 1999, the song was re-recorded for the 'Refused' album, this version was retitled 'Pestilence;
The song was partially re-recorded again in 2001, as part of the Vileness Fats segment of the Icky Flix film. This version is a mash-up with 'The Knife Fight'
Arf & Omega: Weescoosa! Weescoosa! Arf: New Mexico delivers -- Arf & Omega: Weescoosa! Omega: But the message must be anyway; Arf: Adenauer's gilded flower's towered over me for years, Omega: But now I need a new excuse; Arf & Omega: Weescoosa! Weescoosa! Weescoosa knows the way!
Arf: She'll free that tree strewn river gravy -- Omega: Rushin' down the animal death knoll stream; Arf & Omega: Feeding mouths with wings of trouts and wheeling trays of peppered snouts Arf: To inside civil eyed horny totin' baking pies; Omega: Eyes are big for what they wait. Arf: They stand on backs too weak for stakes Omega: The game will have to change before the effervescence is real. Arf: And I don't even care! Omega: Oh boy! Hamburgers... Mayonnaise... Mustard... Kicking cats and Vileness Fats for caviar -- Arf: Do you ever? Omega: Do you ever -- Arf & Omega: Wonder who you are? Omega: Well, kick a cat -- Arf: Kick a cat -- Arf & Omega: Kick a cat today! Omega: Fish are dumb -- Arf: Pluck an eye from one! Arf & Omega: Kick a cat, kick a cat, kick a cat today; fish are dumb, pluck an eye from one!
The Singing Lawnchairs: Kick a cat Kick a cat today Kick a cat Kick a cat today Weescoosa knows the way...
- Performance: Arf And Omega featuring The Singing Lawn Chairs
- Written By: B Barnes & C America
- Santa Dog (1972) [Version 1]
- Meet The Residents / Santa Dog (1988) [Version 2]
- Liver Music (1990) [Version 3]
- Our Tired, Our Poor, Our Huddled Masses (1997) [Version 2]
- Refused (1999) [Version 2]
- Icky Flix (2001) [Version 4]
- Live! ...On The Outskirts (2002) [Version 3]
- Kettles Of Fish On The Outskirts Of Town (2003) [Version 3]
- Oh, Mummy! Oh, Daddy! Can't You See That It's True; What The Beatles Did To Me, I Love Lucy Did To You (2010) [Version 5] [Version 6]
- ERA B474 (2012) [Version 2]
- Greatest Hiss (2013) [Version 2]
- Santa Dog (2014) [Version 2]
- The Residents Present The Delta Nudes (2017) [Version 2]
- The Third Reich 'n Roll pREServed edition (2018) [Version 5] [Version 6] [Version 7]
- 1972 Version Single Edit (3:45)
- 1972 Version (3:53)
- 1976 Live Version Edit (2:18)
- 2001 Version (4:28)
- 1976 Live Version (5:09)
- 1976 Live Reprise Version (1:30)
- 1976 'Backing Tape' version (3:55)
Side A: "Fire" by Ivory and the Brain Eaters · Side B: "Explosion" by The Delta Nudes