|This page needs more work.|
If you see something missing, you can help the wiki by expanding the article.
It was issued on 3" mini CD, similar to the "Double Shot" EP. It can be seen as the lead single from God In Three Persons, despite not being from the album. It retells the album's story in 16 minutes, using Kiss of Flesh as its main basis, transforming the song into a hip new dancable beat. Similar to Diskomo, or Kaw-Liga.
On the single's fifth anniversary, it was re-released by Euro Ralph in a shortened (14:15) and remixed form. This remix was later featured in the 1994 Freak Show Box-Set. A third edit of the single was released on the 4 disc box-set '80 Aching Orphans' this version cut the song down to 8:03. The full version of the song was unavailable for 31 years, until it was included on the God In Three Persons pREServed set. The shortest edit of the song is 0:32, and was included on the Twenty Twisted Questions home movie in 1992.
- Holy Kiss Of Flesh (16:09)
- Performance By: The Residents
- Written By: The Residents
- Produced By: The Cryptic Corporation
- Digital Mastering By: John Acoca
- Song Stylist: Laurie Amat
- Cover Based on a Photograph by: Henrik Kam
- Inspired by 'Holy, Holy, Holy'
- Text by: Reginald Heber
- Tune by: John Baccus Dykes
|1992||The Voyager Company/Ralph Records||Laserdisc||32 Second edit. As part of Twenty Twisted Questions video.|
|MiniCD||14 Minute Edit|
|1994||14 Minute Edit. As part of Freak Show Digi Deluxe Box|
|14 Minute Edit. As part of Freak Show Standard Box|
|2017||New Ralph Too, Cherry Red, MVD Audio||CD||US, EU||8 Minute Edit. Part of 80 Aching Orphans box set.|
|2019||As part of God In Three Persons pREServed set.|
Buy or Die
- God In Three Persons pREServed at MVDshop (US)
- God In Three Persons pREServed at Cherry Red Records (EU)