|This page needs more work.|
If you see something missing, you can help the wiki by expanding the article.
In Between Screams (Intermission Music From The Residents' Wormwood) is a limited edition CD-R release by The Residents, featuring music composed by Charles Bobuck as intermission music for the group's 1999 Wormwood live performance tour.
In Between Screams follows 1983's Intermission EP and 1987's For Elsie in an ongoing series of "intermission music" released by The Residents and later, Charles Bobuck. The CD-R features a single twenty-minute track and was released in a limited edition of 1,000 copies sold at the merchandise stand at dates on the group's Wormwood Live tour in 1999. The CD only came with a front card and no back inlay.
The suite samples 21 religious songs, the last of which was designed to play as the curtains opened, and The Residents would begin playing where it left off. The single was later released digitally through Charles Bobuck's bandcamp page in 2014, credited as A Charles Bobuck Contraption.
2014 Digital Edition
This music collage combined a series of gospel clips set against a string of modern rhythmic patters. It was designed to entertain during the intermission of The Residents' Wormwood show. The final theme is positioned to conclude just as the curtains open with The Residents continuing the theme live.
(In order of appearance)
- The Humbard Family - What A Wonderful Feeling
- R.C Crenshaw - I Love The Lord
- The Staple Singers - This May Be The Last Time
- The Harmonizing Four - Wade In The Water
- Keaton Sextette - Jubilee
- James Cleveland - Something’s Got A Hold On Me
- The Charioteers - All God’s Chillun Got Shoes
- Golden Gate Quartet - What A Time
- Sister Clara Hudman - Now Is The Needy Time
- The Georgia Peach - Lordy Wont You Come By Here
- Mary Lee - Jesus Is Real To Me
- Dorothy Love Coats & The Original Gospel Harmonettes - You Better Run
- Bernice McClellan - What Do You Think About Jesus (He’s All Right)
- Sister Wyonona Carr - The Ball Game
- Get Away Jordan
- Viola James - On That Rock
- Standing On The Highway
- Sons of The Pioneers - One More River To Cross
- Washington Phillips - What Are They Doing In Heaven Today?
- Leonard De Paur Infantry Chorus - In That Great Gettin' Up Morning
- The Golden Gate Quartet - Go Where I Send Thee
- Miklos Rozsa - Ressurection
- Miklos Rozsa - Finale
- Mixed by: D. Rez
- Performance: Charles Bobuck
|1999||Euro Ralph||CD||Germany||Sold at wormwood shows. Limited edition|
|2014||Bobuck||MP3||Credited as 'A Charles Bobuck Contraption'|