Since the early 1980s, The Residents have experimented with interactive media, trying to find more immersive ways of creating a world for an audience.
In the 1990s, The Residents' pioneering work in the medium of CD-ROM won them much attention and acclaim.
- Twenty Twisted Questions (1992) (semi-interactive)
- Apple Computer Quicktime CD-ROMs (1993)
- Freak Show (1994)
- Gingerbread Man enhanced CD (1994)
- Bad Day On The Midway (1995)
Euro Ralph interactive books (CD with floppy disks)
- Commercial DVD (2004) (semi-interactive)
Virtual and augmented reality
- Inside a Circle of Dreams (2021)